Sunday, February 14, 2016

That Moment When...

You are towards the end of your pregnancy, hot as Hades, and your cousin says: "smile because I'm talking your damn picture!" Worst. Thing. Ever.


I hate having my picture taken; I have no clue as to why though. I'm a straight mamarazzi. I'll follow my kids everywhere and snap thousands of pictures to show any and everyone. But you put a camera in my face and we'll have words.

I clearly don't scare my cousin. She basically told me to sit my butt down and deal with it.

She's an amazing photographer and I love how she takes photos of the family constantly. (Especially since we've been away from home for 9 years...)


So, the reason for this post? I woke up and was notified by Facebook that my amazingly, wonderful, beautiful cousin tagged me in those pregnancy photos from 7 years ago.

Even pregnant my face was skinnier then. Ticks me off something fierce. But, what can I say? I love donuts.

Back to these photos: I realized that one day, my kids are going to wonder why I'm hiding in every photo. That they'll want to see me as much as I want to see my mom. (Who is a notorious hider from cameras) I don't want that so I'm making a conscious effort to lose the chunk that I hate and get in more photos with my kids.

Meaning more gym time, not so much less donut time. Let's not get crazy here.



If any of you are in the Bay Area and are in need of a photographer, call Sandy; she's so worth it!

http://www.sandrarosephotography.com/


2 comments:

  1. You definitely learned that habit from your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google Aleida's challenge and get in the picture girl! Your kids will thank later.

    ReplyDelete