Saturday, February 13, 2016

Mommy Flu

I woke up around 3 am this past Tuesday with a scratch in my throat that let me know I was about to hate life. The next morning, my voice started to go. I left work early 3 days last week and have come to the conclusion that I'm dying.

There's simply nothing else that makes sense. I can't talk, coughing constantly, gagging thanks to snot monsters in my nose and throat and I look like a Walking Dead extra.

My kids don't get it. They literally told me to drink my diet coke and get out of bed. Freaking harsh. How about you go get me a diet coke, some cookies and don't make me crazy until I can yell at you from the other side of the house, ya?

And the hubs. He made the mistake of asking me to make the kids some lunch.

He won't do that again.

Not while I'm clearly dying.

Where's my mom with some soup?

There should be a company that sends out a mommy fill in for when we're sick. This person cleans, cooks, etc while I hide and watch Hallmark.

I might create it.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh yeah. Three kids later, and Mommy still don't get a break...

    Dying = no break

    Dead = still no break because either you're going through the new transition of Heaven-hood, or Hell.

    <3 Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete